The Salcedo kitchen “The Spanish Bakery” offers lunch to school groups in keeping with the atmosphere of “The Spanish Quarter”. The children and adults have a choice of one of our five lunch items. They are:
- Spanish Empanadas (Spanish Meat Pie)
- Smoked Sausage Roll
- Picadillo (Chili without beans, served over rice)
- Chicken Soup or the Soup of the Day
This comes with a soft drink of your choice and one of our famous cookies fresh from The Spanish Bakery.
We also can provide a videotape of the class eating in our picnic area under the “Old Cedar Tree” in the courtyard. We can accommodate up to 70 persons at a time, although they are split into two smaller groups, of 35 and visit us after their tour of “The Spanish Quarter” or the “Castillo de San Marcos”
We ask that a check is made out to “The Spanish Bakery” for the total amount, so service can begin immediately and the children can begin to eat their Spanish Lunch. Also we ask that reservations are made at least one month in advance to insure there is no double bookings.
We have been serving the general public for over a quarter of a century, and schools (School Field Trip) since 1987, and we will be glad to see your classes come and have lunch at The Spanish Bakery.
Request a Group Visit
The Spanish Bakery Group Facts
- Site Location: South of the city gates on St. George St., St. Augustine, Florida
- Mailing Address: 42 St. George St., St. Augustine, Fl. 32084
- Hours: 9:00am – 3:00pm daily
- Reservations: Recommended, preferably one month in advance.
- Contact: Mr. or Mrs. Adelsperger
- Confirmation Sent: Phone 904-827-9701 (after 3:30 pm) there will be no confirmation call back
- Price Policy: Write or email for current pricing.
- Prepayment Policy: The most convenient way is for the teachers to collect money from the students prior to arriving at the Spanish Bakery.
- Time Required: Approximately long enough for the student to collect there lunch and eat (15min).
- Group Size: 50-70 people, at a time. While one group eats another group can tour the Spanish Quarter or the Castillo de San Marcos.
- Chaperone Policy: One chaperone for every 10 students.
- Guide Availability: Not Applicable
- Rain Alternative: Poor. The shop is small and the lunch area is outdoors.
- Lunch Site: Picnic tables and benches are available for those groups who have purchased lunch at the Spanish Bakery.
- Amenities: Restrooms on site.