One of the lesser known small appliances that we have in our kitchen is a juicer. Seems odd to talk about juice when baking is such a sweet endeavor, but we like to balance out the indulgent treats we create with a healthy drink to wash things down. This helps take the guilt out of eating heavy, calorie dense baked goods. But just because fresh made juice is good for you does not mean that it has to taste bad. Having the right juicer, however, can make all the difference in the world. With that in mind, we will give a quick rundown of the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus, the same juice extractor that we use to make some delicious juice concoctions.
The Breville JE98XL juicer is among the highest rated centrifugal juicing machines by owners and kitchen equipment experts. It is among the best performers in both customer reviews and number of purchases. So, what exactly are its specifications? How does it perform? Let’s get into the details.
· Weighs a little under 15 pounds and measures 13.2 inches by 16.5 inches by 18.2 inches.
· The motor: 850 watts with a dual speed control. Speed ranges from a low 6500 rpm to a high 12,000 rpm. Lower speeds are used for soft fruits and vegetables while higher speeds are used for harder ones.
· Feed chute: three inches wide, patented. It allows large fruits to be inserted with not so much in their preparation.
· Direct central feed: extracts maximum amounts of juice, also patented.
· Blades: stainless steel
· Mesh filter: stainless steel
· Body: made of heavy , long lasting polymer
· Jug juice capacity: 1 liter (34 fl. Oz.)
· Has a froth separator
· Has a large capacity pulp container and an integrated handle
· Cord storage: the cord is designed to be wrap around the feet and to attach to a position under its base.
· Safety: has a locking arm that prevents juicer from running if the cover is not put in place. Also has an overload protection mechanism to prevent overheating. Senses any overload and automatically shuts down. All surfaces that come into contact with food are BPA free to ensure the juice is healthy for consumption.
· Clean up: The JE98XL comes with a cleaning brush. Only the nutri disk cannot be washed on the top shelf of a dishwasher.
· Manufacturer’s warranty: It has a limited one year warranty.
· Easy to use– it’s a centrifugal juicer and takes in veggies and fruits from its top vertical chute. The need for cutting up the fruits before feeding to the open chute is there, but only to a limited extent. Just take care of fruits that contain seeds.
· Easy to clean up– the parts can be taken off with just a snap. With every of its component except the base/nutri disk being dishwasher safe, the cleaning process is fast.
· High quality juice– for the price range it falls, the Breville JE98XL juicer produces good quality juice. No better juicers that fall in the same price range produces better quality juice.
· High volume of juice yielded– the juicer manages to squeeze out an astonishing high amount of juice leaving a semi dry pulp. A few more rounds through the juicer, the pulp could produce a little more juice. The difference is not that big and can be ignored if one is in a hurry.
· The pitcher has a larger capacity and the lid has a special lip that holds back accumulating froth that forms on top of the juice. The pulp container also makes it easy to transfer the vegetables and fruits bits to the compost
· High power-this model is quite powerful and crushes all kinds of fruits in just a short time. Can accommodate and cut down a whole apple and is excellent with carrots.
· Little noise in comparison to similar juicers– with the amount of power it produces, some noise and vibrations are obviously expected. The noise is however low enough to remain within the kitchen. There is no need to wear noise protection gear. The vibrations produced are not high enough to make it move around.
· Quite difficult to extract juice from kale or other leafy vegetables. The Breville JE98XL is not going to be the optimal choice for juicing this type of produce.
· The many parts that break down to be washed separately can sometimes be bulky.
You can check out a more detailed review of the Breville JE98XL to see how well this juicer performs for owners and why they rate it so highly. This juice extractor does as good a job as any other juicer, if not better. With the exception of leafy greens, the juicer is just superb. Carrots, apples and other fruits are its perfect choice for juice extraction. It is easy to use; the fruits and vegetables barely need any peeling before juicing. Its plastic construction does not imply less longevity in its lifetime. Its efficiency is only slightly beaten by the masticating juice, but the Breville JE98XL is much cheaper and faster. To see exactly what this juicer has to offer, check out the video below.